We’re humbled and excited to announce nine recipients of the 2018 RealSelf Fellowship.
Each Fellow receives a $7,500 grant toward a nonprofit-sponsored humanitarian medical trip. In addition to bringing care to those who need it most, many of the 2018 Fellowship recipients will provide training to local physicians. By building knowledge with local medical professionals they continue to impact the communities they visit for years to come.
“These individuals have donated their time to help close the gap on global access to reconstructive surgery, and we feel fortunate to be able to support their efforts,” said RealSelf Founder and CEO, Tom Seery. “Looking forward, we aim to deepen and expand the impact of our global giving efforts and further the RealSelf mission to bring confidence to people worldwide.”
The 2018 RealSelf Fellows:
- David M. Alessi, Beverly Hills facial plastic surgeon working with Face Forward in March 2018.
- Frank P. Fechner, Worcester facial plastic surgeon traveling to Vietnam with Face-to-Face in November 2018.
- Mark Hanikeri, a plastic surgeon from Perth, Australia traveling to the Philippines with Operation Rainbow in June 2018.
- Monica Kieu, Marina del Rey physician traveling to Ho Chi Minh City with the Project Vietnam Foundation in March 2018.
- Wayne F. Larrabee Jr., Seattle facial plastic surgeon traveling to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Seattle Anesthesia Outreach in March 2018.
- Derek Lou, Houston plastic surgeon traveling to Guerrero, Mexico with the Crystal Foundation in May 2018.
- James M. Pearson, Los Angeles facial plastic surgeon traveling to Vietnam with HUGS in March 2018.
- Ifeolumipo O. Sofola, Houston facial plastic surgeon traveling to Kigali, Rwanda with Face the Future in February 2018.
- Laura A. Sudarsky, Fort Lauderdale plastic surgeon traveling to Guatemala with Healing the Children in November 2018.
What’s the RealSelf Fellowship?
The RealSelf Fellowship awards financial grants to medical professionals who give back by delivering care and training to people around the world who would not otherwise have access.
More than a dozen RealSelf fellows have already taken humanitarian medical trips around the world.
To learn more about the RealSelf fellowship and other global giving efforts by RealSelf, visit www.realself.com/giving/.